Dreaming is what any entrepreneur does on a daily basis. Dreaming is what gets you up in the morning. Dreaming of what you’re aiming to achieve gets you through the pain of being an entrepreneur. I have recently co-founded Marylebone Difference Marketing and I love helping clients achieve their dreams. It is one of the most rewarding parts of the job as an agency founder.
Types of Dreams?
You can have good dreams😇, naughty dreams🏩, creative dreams🎨, psychedelic dreams🌿 the list goes on.People talk about personal goals? People talk about dreams. I like to talk about personal dreams!
Firstly what are your dreams? (I have three)
- Grow Marylebone. Help founders and in-house marketers achieve, grow and excel.
- Build my own startup (not public yet)
- Retire at 55 and follow the World Surf League (WSL)
My Definition of Entrepreneurship is:
Entrepreneurship is like a rollercoaster… you’re locked in until the bitter end.
You either make your millions/ crash + burn/ try again!
— Alex Gash🇬🇧 (@AlexanderGash) September 30, 2017
Award for World’s Best Dreamer (and Implementor):
Musk is the Tony Stark of this earthly realm. One of the founders of PayPal at the right time in the early days of the internet, he made a fortune $1.5bn 🤑 when he sold it to Ebay.
Over the past few years, he has turned his attention to transport – both earthly and intergalactic! Now this South African-born immigrant to America is transforming the space industry with SpaceX, superfast intercity travel with Hyperloop idea and making eco-friendly cars supercool with Tesla and building the next generation of city transport with The Boring Company. Just one of those businesses would be a major challenge and achievement to run – Musk is running all four!
- Lunar Base
- Mars Base
- City-2-City travel (any city across the globe in under 40 min)
When talking about a slide about his aim to go to Mars in 5 years he says:
that’s not a typo it is aspirational
- Fastest mass production road car on the market
- $10bn in pre-orders in two days (record for any product) – Model 3
- Entire Feet – Electric Only
- Building 10 Globally
- To support and meet the whole of the world’s energy needs by capturing sustainable energy through batteries.
- Gigafactory 1 currently covers 3,000 acres of land.
The Boring Company
- Building Tunnels over Roads
- Superfast inter-city transport
- Reducing congestion
- Building superfast intercity transport
- Competition focused seeding the dream for entrepreneurs to deliver results
- London to Exeter 21mins, London to Birmingham 16min. (see how long your commute would take)
Where would we be without dreams?
Progress is a main driver of the human psyche and that progress is driven by dreams – backed by self-belief and a willingness to strive on into the unknown.
Elon Musk, Richard Branson, Steve Jobs, James Dyson – they all started with a dream. We all want to be better people, go faster, build better, be stronger, be more efficient, explore more or travel further. In fact – we want to change the world and ourselves.
Need Help With Your Company’s Dream?
Marylebone – Difference Marketing is helping up-and-coming technology startups as well as SMEs and listed companies make their dreams a reality. Our team has more than 25 years’ experience across many sectors ranging from Telecoms, TV, Mobile Technologies, Mobile Apps, Space and AI/Data.
Let us know how we can help you make your dreams a reality!Share